Skip to main content

A Little About The Tulare Public Cemetery District 

Cemetery in 1929

Tulare Public Cemetery District was established in 1874. It is located at 900 E. Kern Avenue, Tulare, California 93247. This cemetery is referenced today as the KERN Cemetery and is about 50 acers. The Kern Cemetery held it's first board of trustees meeting in April 1889 and it's first burial in April 1890. 

 

With the population growth we knew we had to grow with it. On March 1994, The Tulare Public Cemetery District had it's first burial at what is known today as North J Cemetery. It is located at 4572 North J Street, Tulare, California 93274 and is about 10 acres with plenty of potential for growth.

 

Between both cemeteries we now have over 350+ interments per year; consisting of the public within district and out of ditrict.